Sunday, June 05, 2005

Maybe Someday

I need a break.

My previous post, Another Memorial, got me down and I still feel like shit. Many of the truths I believe are crappy, but I know that the world sux and I put it out of my mind and laugh and live my life. But after writing something like that I can't forget it easily.

Making music has always been good therapy for me, so this past week I fired up my home recording system, which is basically just a PC with some special software on it, and recorded a song, just to get my mind free. I started from scratch, and I played and sang all the parts, except for the drums, which I sequenced. Extremely careful readers will know that this is a song I wrote a long time ago. I just thought it would be easier to (re)learn the recording process if I already knew the song.

It's just an experiment, folks, but I have posted the project if you'd like to hear it. Just click on one of the buttons below. Both files are MP3. The low-resolution one is 2 megabytes, and the high-resolution version is 4 megabytes. Either of them will take a while if you're on a slow connection. Sorry, I just can't stand to make the sound any worse by compressing it more.



Oh, yeah: The song is called Maybe Someday. Turns out it was good therapy, and it made me feel better.

7 Comments:

Blogger -G.D. said...

That was so fun...still tapping my pen on my desk, shaking the feet. Right on!

Mon Jun 06, 06:11:00 AM 2005  
Blogger DrinkJack said...

Now that WAS fun. Talent just pouring out of those finger tips.

Mon Jun 06, 06:04:00 PM 2005  
Blogger -G.D. said...

BTW...awesome profile pic! I like this one...it's crazy. LOL

Tue Jun 07, 05:09:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Adrian said...

Now I want a beer. I'm impressed.

Tue Jun 07, 06:47:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Ron Southern said...

I agree: good photo, good song. Hey, was that a picture of you naked? Wow, you sure have a big--shadow!

Tue Jun 07, 09:51:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

Those who liked it - I'm relieved you did. I tried really hard for a really long time to sell my music. Now I'm ready to give it away.
Next, I have to write a 21st-century protest song, to stop this guy from whining.

Adreeyin - This one was fueled not by beer, but by Black Velvet. Still, I'll join you.

t1 - I don't stay depressed long. You know what will cheer me up, baby.

Ron - Not naked, but before the picture was cropped, you could see that I had no pants on.

Tue Jun 07, 10:21:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Brent said...

Larry, you got the goods.

Tue Jun 07, 10:44:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here