Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Jackson 5 Sing Along With Me, Say "Doo De Wop"

A quick update, so no one has to worry about me.

So far, no one has noticed my maintenance work in the bathrooms at my office. I thought I was going to be in trouble for fixing the towel and toilet paper dispensers, but my meeting with The Boss turned out to be work-related (who could have guessed?). To wit, I now have approximately twice as much responsibility, spread across two locations, and no more money than ever.

As Emma Goldman has told me, I am exploited. But I'm voting Republican anyway, because I know I'm on my way to the top!

As always, my heart sways in the gentle breeze of your sweet, sweet gaze.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ron Southern said...

That new profile photo of you is freaky. I'll be looking forward to its demise. Guess you're having fun.

Tue Aug 09, 06:43:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Theresa said...

Have you been sniffing Draino?

Tue Aug 09, 08:13:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Joe said...

I think I'd forgive you for voting republican. I might beat you, but I'd forgive you eventually.

Emma Goldman blogs? Who knew? I would have thought she'd devote her time to overthrowing Google.

Tue Aug 09, 10:22:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

T1 - Good spin, but I didn't "take it on": It was dumped on me.

Ron - You resent me having fun? I'm keeping that picture forever.

Theresa - Drano, baby. The champagne of toxic inhalants.

D'Cat - Emma Goldman: Not just an anarchist anymore. Now she makes puff pastry, too. A good read, but better if you argue with her.

Wed Aug 10, 12:18:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Brent said...

So when are you going to post a story about going totally postal and subsequently beating your boss about the head,face,and neck with a tire iron?

If you are considering going Repub, it can't be too far off.

Wed Aug 10, 11:15:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent, true dat, lol. Doing extra work unbidden and voting Repub? The end is near for Larry.

Wed Aug 10, 01:15:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

Brent - Tire irons? That's dangerous, man. The local police here use telephone books. You can knock someone's brain loose without leaving those nasty marks.

Steph - When I am a rich Republican living in Orange County, we'll see who's laughing then.

Thu Aug 11, 02:49:00 PM 2005  
Blogger L said...

keep up the subversive activities, sir.

Thu Aug 11, 09:19:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here