Monday, December 06, 2004

Hello Larry

It has occurred to me that I shouldn't use my real name here. I don't imagine this will be read by a large number of people. Maybe no one will ever see it, but maybe, hypothetically let's say I mention something about someone I know, and let's further hypothesize that it's not totally flattering, and that this person's identity is readily decipherable. Possibly there is some I Love Lucy scenario in which that person might get wind of what I have written about them, and maybe they get offended. Maybe they confront me in person, or maybe they just harbor resentment about it secretly, forever. Sticky social situation. Or maybe The Corporation hears about something I have written, and I get my ass fired. Actually, now that I think of it this might not be too bad, but if it happens I want to plan it and exceute it myself, and not have them sneak up on me, the bastards.

So, not as an act of cowardice, but one of courtesy and discretion (OK, cowardice if you like), I'll go with Larry Jones, and just so you know, Larry might or might not be my real name. Jones is definitely not, although we've been together for a long time and we are feeling quite comfortable with one another. I tried to update my profile yesterday so that my posts are not signed by Spider Jones (who, it turns out, is someone else), but it didn't take, even though I was sure I had done it right. There doesn't seem to be any way to discover how this post will be auto-signed by the Blogger system without actually posting it, so here goes, and no matter what it says at the end of this, I remain...

Yours truly,
Larry Jones

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here